Do you have a bachelor’s degree (major in finance, economics, accounting, actuarial science, quantitative management preferred), ideally in CFA or FRM with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fixed interest, credit research or management with quantitative modeling ability, advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, VBA and Macro and proficiency in the use of Bloomberg and good understanding of Bloomberg PORT or another risk system?
My client, who is an independent, owner-managed asset manager with a diversified offering in the South African financial services environment and who focuses on the management of institutional equities and fixed income securities on the local market, looking for a Fixed Income Analyst to keep abreast of the latest market developments and trends and work to improve efficiency within the research team and processes, communicate your ideas, findings and recommendations to the portfolio management team at fixed income and the broader investment team. Research, analyze, evaluate and interpret local and international macro-economic variables and trends for investment decision making, perform analysis of bond yield curves including sensitivity and convexity of instruments, monitor adjusted yield to the risk of the credit universe, build, and monitor the portfolio optimization model – make recommendations that improve the performance and trading of the credit portfolio and fixed income securities and interest rate derivatives, including administration.
Minimum qualification requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (major in finance, economics, accounting, actuarial science, quantitative management preferred)
- Ideally a CFA or FRM student, an undeniable advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VBA and Macro skills are an advantage)
- Mastery of Bloomberg
- Good understanding of Bloomberg PORT or other risk system
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fixed interest, credit research or risk management with strong quantitative modeling capability.
- Minimum of 3 years fixed income experience (preferably buy side) and demonstrable track record in investment recommendations.
- Accuracy is of the utmost importance
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to generate ideas and think logically
Find out more/Apply to this position