Your favorite local place may be among these businesses for sale
The pandemic has brought hard times for many local business owners. In some cases, this prompts them to try and sell their business.
The BizBuySell ad aggregator usually doesn’t name the business for sale, but the descriptions for each ad provide clues.
With the pandemic causing financial hardship for many small businesses, while prompting older owners to consider retirement, the list of businesses for sale has remained relatively long since the two times we audited last year.
Below are a few companies currently listed in Arlington. Note that some announcements may relate to companies that have already closed and are therefore no longer active.
- Restaurant & Carry Out Fits Most Menus – $ 120,000 – “Fast casual Japanese restaurant for sale in Arlington VA. This restaurant currently serves Japanese food and sushi, but can be converted to suit most menus / concepts Located in a shopping center on a busy road Current owner is ready to retire This can be a great opportunity for a new owner / operator to take this restaurant to the next level PRICE TO SELL !!”
- Independent, Profitable Optician at NoVA – $ 685,000 – “A very well established optician in vibrant Arlington VA with decades of satisfied customers and an excellent reputation for providing professional service and high quality eyewear.” Valuable SEO network. Fully turnkey operation with licensed opticians in Virginia and a full finishing lab. Large inventory of frames including dozens of luxury lines and classic brands to meet all needs.
- Nails Salon-Arlington – $ 279,000 – “Beautiful modern and contemporary nail salon available for sale in the greater Arlington neighborhood.” Located in the heart of the shopping district, restaurants, offices and residential apartments. Facade and very visible on the main artery with heavy and pedestrian traffic. Walk to the metro. Large database of clients over 6,500. Room to grow. Low employee turnover. Easy to attract nail artists because of the location. Construction cost $ 450,000. Free covered parking. “
- Beer, Wine Mart with Gourmet Deli – $ 120,000 – “Prime location with rapid growth.” Currently under mismanagement. It has high potential if it is under good management. Rent only $ 25.50 / sq. Ft.
- Northern Virginia’s # 1 dairy and dessert shop! – $ 89,000 – âA unique and one-of-a-kind dairy and dessert shop. Located in a first class mall in the Arlington, VA area. This award-winning establishment specializes in unique, wonderful and handcrafted ice cream from Thailand! Opened in 2017, in a first-class building, this could be an ideal concept for franchise development in the DC metro area.
- Two High End and Modern Group Fitness Centers in Northern Virginia – $ 399,995 – “Great opportunity to own two top notch, innovative group fitness centers that feature exclusive group exercise program, personal training and open gym services. The Arlington location opened in 2017 and has established a large loyal following, and the Alexandria location opened in October 2020 in a new upscale mixed-use plaza. Each facility is equipped with the latest in cardio, weight training and functional fitness equipment, as well as wearable heart rate technology that can be displayed on screens throughout the facility.
- Ice Cream Business in High Income Neighborhood – $ 37,500 – “Unique and very well established ice cream business in a very nice area surrounded by businesses and residences.” Very high income neighborhood with a limited choice of desserts. The seller’s initial investment was over $ 350,000 about 2 years ago. Upscale establishment. Great reputation. The seller is looking for an experienced and passionate buyer who can use this business and location to build a very profitable business.
- Asian Fusion-Carry Out Restaurant for Sale – $ 49,000 – “On Arlington County Main Road.” Asian Fusion Carry-Out for sale. Easy to change the menu to a pizza, rotisserie or sushi restaurant. 1500 pc. Capacity of 16 places. 8 parking spaces. (4 at the front, 4 at the back) Large basement. Good size kitchen. Walk-in cooler. 12 foot hood in place. Pandemic forced to close this business but a great opportunity for other concepts. 5-year lease remaining and option from 1 to 5 years. A low rent and a good location are the keys to success.
- $ 3 Million Allstate Agency in Arlington, VA – $ 899,000 – âThe more than 20-year-old agency is located in a highly desirable location. This over $ 3 million earned premium agency matches a privileged clientele of auto owners and homeowners with excellent cross-selling growth opportunity as well as life / financial services. Good revenue growth potential through new and renewal commissions as well as performance bonuses based on growth, retention, etc. The rate of retention and loss of customers is excellent. This area has a strong transfer of activity, which bodes well for this location.